The CFS Approach
Always present in "playing the game" are:
- Trust and access to information.
- Employees sharing in the outcome, good or
- Employees understanding the business and thinking like
Method of Delivery
Our process is delivered principally through "Coaching."
We provide training and guidance, helping the client organization develop its
own unique solution. Our services can be categorized into three
Coaching: Facilitating the process and helping
focus on the goals.
- Business Literacy: Training in financial and other
business literacy fundamentals. Optional support in getting employees'
own lives in order (e.g., building wealth, aligning goals, career
- Relationships: Facilitating game design, team-building,
interpersonal skills training (planning, meetings, conflict resolution,
etc.), facilitating business planning (vision, mission, values, strategy,
- Technical Consulting: Services to augment the client's
staff capabilities. Needs in many areas may affect playing the game.
Example supplemental services include: valuation, tax accounting, finance
and cash management, on-line on-time reporting systems, decision
analysis, ESOP and compensation design, reengineering, sales training and
practices, market research.
Typical Engagement Elements
Some tasks are done in parallel, and some are segmented
into phases. The scope and extent of the elements are tailored to the client
situation. A representative sequence is:
- Introducing the Game
- Assessing the situation
- Starting "Huddles" and team-building
- Setting priorities and getting some quick wins
- Getting on-time financial and operating information
- Designing initial games
- Revisiting strategic planning (vision, mission, values,
- Revising the business plan (operational plan and budget)
- Training in business literacy (Business 101, financial
literacy, decision making)
- Designing the first, full Game and scoreboard
- Training in planning, meeting and other interpersonal
- Casting free" (cutting the rope, allowing the client to
sail off on their own)
Detailed Model of Our Process
Client prospects may obtain a printed influence
diagram showing of how OBM works. This illustrates business elements
with cause-and-effect relationships. Obtaining a
Please press your browser's BACK BUTTON to return.
Copyright © 2000-2016 by Coaching for Success,